Monday, December 31, 2012

If you can get out of your own way, dancing makes everything feel okay!

If you can get out of your own way, dancing makes everything feel okay! Not high on drugs, alcohol, food, or any other substance, but high and uplifted from the amazing community at Ecstatic Dance Maine for holding space for an incredible experience of movement, music, and expression! Thank you DJ Lea Moon for taking us on a journey! Happy New Year!


I danced, I laughed, I "OM"ed, I stretched, I sat, I watched, I listened, I smiled, I reflected, I opened my arms wide, I spun and twirled, I opened up, I held hands, I jumped, I clapped, I said thanks...all at the first New Years Eve at Ecstatic Dance Maine at Bhakti in Motion. 

The last song was instrumental and created a mellow feel, one of introspection, solitude, and community. I stretched my arms, and lifted one foot to take a step forward visioning a step into the new year, a step in which I will work hard to live, love, & give without any expectation; in which I will work hard to not take things personally; in which I will work hard to have compassion without empathy overwhelming me; in which I will practice trusting a higher power, making requests, speaking my truth and continuing to open my heart and be vulnerable even though there are no guarantees. I felt a little off balance as I took another step forward and there were some beautiful dancing bodies in front of me obstructing my straight forward path. I breathed, and paused on one foot, relaxing into groundlessness, until I stepped back and moved a little sideways, and then there was a clear path. 

There will be obstacles on this journey of awakening, that is for sure, but I hope to maintain a capacity to stay with whatever arises and know that I will be okay...in this moment, I am okay. 


Learn more about Ecstatic Dance Maine here.
They will be moving into a bigger space soon in South Portland! Stay tuned! 

Happy New Year,
Jeanette 

No comments:

Post a Comment