Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fun-a-Day!

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”  -William Purkey


Last January, my friend Kristin Lajeunesse of Will Travel for Vegan Food inspired me with her participation in Fun-a-Day with a daily posted video of her dancing in public every day in the month of January. I felt so good after watching her videos every morning; she totally inspired my day and encouraged me to be more fearless, playful, and to just let loose and dance already! I have to say, Kristin, you are one of the reasons that I finally got my butt to Ecstatic Dance Maine, where I totally unleashed my inner dancer. I guess I always felt self conscious about dancing, about my body, scared to be vulnerable, nervous that I didn't have the moves...but, you know what, I can dance to anything, and now when I hear music wherever I am I cannot help but snap my fingers, pump my shoulders and shake my booty!

So, in the month of January, do one fun thing a day every day during the month AND COMMIT to it, and have yourself a Fun-a-Day! Last year, I did it, and I made a green smoothie every day in the month of January, and it totally reinvigorated me during the beginning of the winter when I was in a lazy-not eating that healthy-not a lot of exercising kinda mood.
This year, my business partner and I will be enjoying a juice every day (or two juices a day to make up for the days we can't juice) in the month of January! I am more of a smoothie person, so I feel like I have never had fresh juice for more than a few days in a row. But I suppose owning a juice bar will make things somewhat easier! : )

What will you be doing?! Meditating, writing, singing, practicing yoga, giving hugs, chanting, praying...?

Please share what you will do for Fun-a-Day with me and follow our juicing adventure on facebook!

Check out this website for more information: http://www.artclash.com/
Last year, Portland had an event that showcased people's fun-a-day work, so stay tuned for that!

Let's all have fun this month, Now and Forever!
Jeanette

2 comments:

  1. Jeanette, I love it! I'd like to try and work on photography, so maybe I will take one photo a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This month will be filled with a handful of great things. Not just one thing. :) Skiing, snowshoeing, winter farmer's market...so many good things. :)

    ReplyDelete