Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Zuja Wellness, OH I HEART YOU!

Zuja Wellness

Fit Body. Quiet Mind. Happy Heart. 

Wellness
Noun.
1. The quality or state of being healthy in body and mind, especially as the result of deliberate effort
2. The state of being in good physical and mental health

When I first went to Zuja last summer, I went because I wanted to workout and get in shape. I wasn't necessarily looking for wellness from boot camp or tabata classes.  If only I knew that beyond the doorway was so much more than just a physical workout awaiting, I probably would have been running to my first class, and not dragging my feet.

It is hard to start new routines and get ourselves out of physical laziness. I resisted going to Zuja, because I have never really liked doing boot camp classes or enjoyed gym-like atmospheres. I would feel self conscious. I would feel like I would have to push myself to the max. I would be only focused on my immediate progress, not sustainability and certainly not Wellness.

Now, I wake up for 6am Thursday Cardio Tabata Class with owner, Heidi Makuiltekpatl Michaels, and I look forward to the hard core physical workout (FIT BODY) in which I am encouraged to practice self care and rest when I need to (WELLNESS); I look forward to the dissolving of all of my busy mind stuff and the transformation of it into steadiness and present moment living (QUIET MIND); And I so look forward to the community who shows up to move, to laugh, to listen to good jams and dance-workout when we are called to, to support each other with high fives and verbal boosts (HAPPY HEART!) And we always finish class with lovely stretching and centering. I land on my back breathing in and out, taking a few moments just for me. (WELLNESS)


And just like that, after 45 minutes, I am renewed, reignited, respirited and ready to give and receive what the day has to offer and hold! 

Visit the Zuja Wellness website for information on classes, schedules, and special events and workshops!

Thank you to the Zuja Family!

With gratitude,
Jeanette

 

2 comments:

  1. Spot on! I have never been able to keep up a workout consistently over more than a few weeks. With Zuja and its great workouts, great community, and great spirit, I have been going at 3 times a week, if not 5 times a week, for the LAST 7 MONTHS!!!!!! Zuja is a special place, a community, not just a gym. High five!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jeanetti,such a sweet Heart you are. Sorry your family has been missing out on the Zuj mornings...:)

    ReplyDelete